Unipile commits itself within the framework of its activities and in accordance with the legislation in force in France and in the European Union, to ensure protection, confidentiality, and security of the personal data of the users of its services and to respect their private life.
Unipile attaches particular importance to respecting the privacy of users and the confidentiality of their personal data, and thus undertakes to process data in compliance with applicable laws and regulations, and in particular Law No. 78-17 of January 6, 1978, relating to data processing, files and freedoms (hereinafter the “Data Protection Act”), and Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data (hereinafter the “GDPR”).
1.1 General information
a. Personal data and anonymous data.
b. Use of Personal Data.
It is possible to use Unipile’s services without having to provide any personal information. However, some features and paid services may require personal information such as your login email address to log into our customer area or your billing information when you subscribe to paid subscriptions. You will then be asked to provide this information to use the specific applications or features. This consent, which can be withdrawn at any time, provides the legal framework for processing your personal data.
2. INFORMATION FOR USERS IN THE EUROPEAN UNION
Unipile is compliant with the GPDR and as such has appointed a personal data controller, said controller is Unipile, 168 rue de la Rotonde, 42153 Riorges, France. You can contact our data protection officer at firstname.lastname@example.org
The data that is communicated to us is provided by our users when they create an account on unipile.com or pay a subscription to a paying offer. These data can also be provided by an employer who invites his employees to use the services of Unipile. Data can also be obtained by the cookies used by our website. The personal data we collect is the email address for the creation of an account on unipile.com and the billing information for paid subscriptions (your contact information). When a user subscribes to a paid subscription, the payment information is only kept by our payment processing service provider.
Unipile will never have access to information related to the accounts that users have connected to our services and applications. When the user adds our applications on several of his devices, we need to synchronize them to keep the information up to date. The data is encrypted from end to end and follows a protocol that does not allow Unipile or anyone else to read the content of the information.
a. Data provided by users
– Registration Data: Users can create an account to use our applications. (Only required if the user wants to sync their data between their devices using Unipile applications). The user will need to provide a valid email address which will serve as a unique login ID. This is the only personal information needed to open a Unipile “Personal – Free” account. We store your registration data for 30 days from the date you delete your account. For accounts with paid offers or subscriptions, users are required to provide billing information including company name, mailing address, and subscription holder contact information such as email address. When making support requests or inquiries to Unipile customer service, we will need to verify that the requestor is the user of our applications by checking the associated email or phone number that may be added to the billing account. If the user cannot provide this information, our customer service department will not be able to assist the user.
– Billing Data: We use a third-party service provider to process payments made on our website. We do not store any credit card information for our users. There is only one case, in the event of a failed payment, where we store partial credit card information. The partially stored information, that is to say only the last 4 digits of the credit card number, the name of the cardholder, the type of credit card, and the year of expiration can be used in case of a request for assistance from the user or control from Unipile. This information is only stored for 7 days following the payment anomaly and is automatically deleted from our servers afterward.
– Stored Data: Our applications allow users to aggregate and store various sources of information directly in the devices running the Unipile applications. This local data is only accessible by the user. In some cases, the user may need to use multiple devices each with a Unipile application. To allow the user to have up-to-date and synchronized data between their devices, Unipile will pass the data through securely to allow updating. When the user uses several devices, the data that will transit on our servers will be encrypted following the AES 256 protocol (more information on our security rules). Unipile does not have access to the data because only the users’ devices have the encryption key that allows them to decrypt and read the data. This key is randomly generated on the users’ devices, Unipile never has access.
– Notice and feedback data: You may be asked in some cases to provide us with feedback on the services and applications provided by Unipile.
This can be done through reviews published on stores such as Apple’s app store or Google’s Play Store OR through reviews published on Google’s search engine or third party providers such as Trustpilot / Avis Vérifiés / Ekomi that we may use to solicit feedback from our users on the services and applications we offer.
The history of the notices is stored without any time limit. During exchanges with customer support, users may be required to communicate personal information or following requests for assistance made directly on our website. All of the exchange histories are stored for a maximum of 30 days from the date of deletion of the user’s account associated with the request.
b. Data provided on others by users
Users have the possibility to invite other users to try Unipile’s services and applications. If the user uses this feature or is invited to use it through a referral, Unipile will store the guest’s email address and the message that was sent to the guest for the purpose of tracking the guest user. Unipile will communicate to the guest, the identity of the person who referred him to our services and applications (email of the user “sponsor” and possibly his name and surname if he wished to specify it in the invitation). Referring or invited users may directly request our online support to have this information deleted.
c. Data collected via technology tools
Unipile automatically records the following information when users access our services: name and version of the operating system, device identifier, type and language of the web browser (if the access is made from a web browser), and IP address. Some of this data is collected using cookies (see Cookie Management). This data is used to secure your account, offer services in the right language, and optimized for the device used. This data is stored for 30 days from the date of deletion of the user account.
d. Service metadata
Unipile collects information about the actions performed by users of the services and applications. This data is aggregated, anonymous and used only for analysis to improve our services. For example, we look at whether features are popular or not to allow us to regularly improve our applications.
4. USE OF DATA
The data used is used to:
– To provide, update, maintain and protect our services, applications, and websites
– Create, maintain and secure user accounts
– Measure Service Metadata to improve our services and applications
– Communicate with our users by responding to their requests, comments, and questions
– Send administrative notifications to our users such as invoices, payment reminders, responses to support or maintenance requests. These communications are considered part of the services and applications provided by Unipile and you will not be able to disable them. Marketing messages (promotion, news, product news, etc.) can be deactivated if the user wishes to do so directly from his user account.
5. DATA SHARING
Unipile will never sell the personal data of its users. Unipile has by design access only to the administration data of the user accounts. When paying for a subscription, Unipile uses the services of Stripe – Online Payment – as a trusted third party for the management of payments. The user will transmit at this precise moment information related to a personal character like his name, first name, payment card number. This information is of course necessary to complete the online payment. The user has the right to ask to consult, modify and delete the information concerning him. He can make the request directly to our support service.
We may use service providers to provide certain services such as payment processing, storage, and hosting of our applications. For the hosting of encrypted data, we use the services of SCALEWAY and O2 SWITCH.
Note that all the data we store for account administration and temporary data transit during synchronization phases are always encrypted.
You will find below the list of our subcontractors:
|Subcontractor for the use of the personal data of the users of Unipile||Location||Nature of the processing|
|United States||Traffic analysis|
|STRIPE||United States||Online payment|
|Subcontractor for the use of personal data of Unipile’s employees||Location||Nature of the processing|
6. RIGHTS AND CONTROL OF PERSONAL DATA
Users can access their personal data directly from their account on their user account. They can modify the information and delete it. Assistance can be requested by sending an email to email@example.com.
Unipile, with the consent of the user, may send them email communications periodically to promote the use of its services. Unipile may communicate about usage tips, news, and promotional offers. Users can unsubscribe from these emails by following the unsubscribe instructions in each email sent. Note that unsubscribing to marketing communications will not affect transactional communications such as payment information or any other operational alerts related to Unipile’s applications and services.
You can uninstall the applications on your devices. We invite you to follow the standard process for each device. The data contained in the devices will be deleted unless you decide to keep them (possible on some devices). In any case, an uninstall process does not delete your administration account on Unipile. If you want to delete your account, you will have to go to your customer area and proceed to its deletion.
Users who are subject to the regulations in force in certain countries, in particular those belonging to the European Union and the United Kingdom, have certain rights concerning their personal data. They can consult it, modify it and ask for its deletion. Users can make these changes directly from their user account or contact us for any assistance request at: firstname.lastname@example.org
The rights you have:
Withdrawal of consent: Users may withdraw their consent to the processing of personal data, in whole or in part. Please note that some services or features will no longer function if the user withdraws consent.
Access to Information and Request for Information: Users can access their personal data by logging into their customer area or by requesting us directly.
Modification: Users can modify their personal data at any time by logging into their customer area or by contacting us directly.
Deletion and Forgetting: Users may request that their personal data be deleted. If the user decides to delete his account, the definitive and irretrievable deletion of personal data will be made within 30 calendar days.
Portability: Users may request a copy of their personal data. Unipile will then provide a computer export of the user’s data.
If the user wishes to exercise his rights, he can go directly to his user account. When sending an email to our support service email@example.com, it is essential to specify the following information in the content of the email: Which personal data is concerned by the request, which right is desired to be exercised. In order to protect the users, the request must be made from the email address that is associated with the account in question. Unipile will verify the identity of the applicant before proceeding with the request. Unipile will respond within 30 days in accordance with the deadline imposed by the GPDR.
7. COOKIE MANAGEMENT
During his navigation on the Site unipile.com, the Person concerned is brought to consent to the installation of Cookies on his computer terminal.
In general, Cookies record information relating to the browsing of computers on the Website (the pages consulted, the date and time of consultation, etc.), information that may be read during the Data Subject’s subsequent visits to the Website with the transmission of the Data to the Data Controller. The installation of these cookies requires the consent of the person concerned.
Some cookies are essential to the proper functioning of the Site and do not require the consent of the person concerned before their installation.
Cookies are automatically deleted within thirteen (13) months of their installation if the Person concerned does not renew his/her consent before the expiry of this period.
The visitor may refuse to give his/her consent to the installation of non-functional Cookies, withdraw his/her consent, and/or set the parameters of the Cookies at any time by using the Controller’s Cookies manager below or by configuring his/her browser in the following manner:
Microsoft Internet Explorer
8. CONTACT INFORMATION AND CLAIMS
168 rue de la Rotonde